Griffith University Library is here to help you fly into your research!
We’ve created a Research and Publishing webpage to assist you through this process. The Research and Publishing webpage covers everything from getting started on your research journey to getting published and attaining academic impact.
You’ll find links to:
- Free workshops on topics like EndNote, developing your academic argument, editing your writing, managing your research data, publishing during your PhD and many more.
- Postgraduate Research Information Skills Modules designed to guide you through every stage of your research journey.
- Strategic publishing guidelines to assist you through publishing.
- Academic impact resources.
- Best practice data guidelines.
- Plus much more.
Remember, Griffith Library is here to help you succeed in your research. Need more help? If you’re a Higher Degree Research candidate or academic you can book in for a free consultation with a specialist Discipline Librarian to assist you with your research specific information needs.
Are you a research student? Have you taken this end of year holiday as a wonderful opportunity to get ahead on your research and publishing?
Publishing is an enormous task, as well as an enormously important aspect of your research career, and can certainly seem daunting sometimes.
There are a multitude of facets to consider. Don’t get overwhelmed though! Break them down into bite-sized pieces and tackle them!
We have guides to walk you through every step, from planning to publishing, and even researcher profile management.
- Desired outcomes
- Target audience
- Intellectual property
- Research integrity and ethics
- Regulatory requirements and professional obligations
- Quality and credibility
- Editorial process
- Consistency in author name
- Data publishing requirements
- Publishing fees
- Post publication strategy
- Data publication
- Researcher profiles
- Researcher identifiers
- Social networking
- Academic social networks
- Other tools
- Personal impact
Still need more help? Book a consultation with your discipline librarian (under the Consultations with a specialist heading) to discuss your research and publishing strategies.