You guys have spoken!
Congratulations @emilybalanzategui! You’ve joined an elite group of students who have won our Library Shelfie competition over the years. You’ve also scored yourself a hefty $300.
We were absolutely amazed with the calibre of entries this year! So amazed, in fact, that we decided we to add in two special mentions.
Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, or simply watched from afar. You are all winners in our humble opinion. You win… our most heartfelt thanks.
Stay tuned—over the next two weeks we’ll put up a gallery of our entries up on display within our library foyers.
You’ve shown us your best Library Shelfies – now it’s time to help us select the winner of our $300 prize.
That’s right, the power is in your hands *evil laugh* to help us decide who gets the big bucks!
We’ve collated all of the entries in our Library Shelfie Instagram competition and displayed them in the gallery at the top of this page. We have to say, you lot are a creative bunch. We’ve loved seeing your awesome shelfies come rolling in.
So, how do you vote for your fave?
- 1. Scroll through the gallery above.
- 2. Choose your favourite.
- 3. Vote using the online poll at the bottom of this post.
We’ve re-grammed all Shelfie entries on our Instagram, @GriffithLibrary, too. So, in true Instagram style, you can also vote by liking your favourite Shelfie on our Instagram. We’ll collate these likes with the votes on our poll here to determine the winner!
Voting opens today, like right now, and closes on Friday 10 August at 5 pm. That means there’s only five days of voting, so get your skates on and vote now.
Welcome to O Week!
Griffith University library is full of resources to help you settle into uni life and succeed in your academic journey. We suggest you check out our website, take a look at our Study Smart tutorials, come along to a library tour and scope out a comfy study spot.
We’ll also be hosting tables at each Market Day, so catch us at one of the below events. Ask us all your burning questions, and get the low down on our Library Shelfie Competition (it could score you a sweet $300 prepaid Visa card).
|Gold Coast||Logan||Mt Gravatt||Nathan||South Bank|
|Friday 6 July
(International Market Day)
|Wednesday July 11||Tuesday July 10||Friday 6 July
(International Market Day)
|Monday July 9|
|Wednesday July 11||Thursday 12 July|
Finally: don’t forget to download our official Griffith App to help you get orientated on campus. FYI–the maps function will be a lifesaver during your first few weeks.
For more information, visit the library orientation webpage.
Show us your best Library Shelfie to go in the draw to win a $300 prepaid Visa card.
What the heck is a Library Shelfie? A Library Shelfie is simply a selfie taken in one of our Griffith University libraries.
We want you to get creative and take a shelfie in your favourite library study nook, reading a book, studying, hanging with your mates, or having fun in the library when you’re meant to be studying *coughs*. You might even like to impress us with a bookface shelfie.
Why are we doing this? Well, it’s a little bit silly, a whole lotta fun and we know how much you love the chance to win some sweet cash.
How to enter
To enter our Library Shelfie competition, all you need to do is:
- 1. Follow @griffithlibrary on Instagram.
- 2. Take a selfie in any Griffith University Library.
- 3. Post it on Instagram and tag @griffithlibrary and #libraryshelfie #griffithlibrary.
Entries will be displayed on the Library blog during Week 5 and put to a student vote. The entry with the most votes scores $300!
Check out our full terms and conditions below.
- The Library Shelfie competition is run by the Griffith University Library.
- The prize is a $300 prepaid Visa Card.
- Entry into this competition is considered acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion commences at 9:00 am AEST Monday 2 July 2018 and closes at 5:00 pm AEST Friday 3 August 2018.
- Entry is free. Entrants can enter as many times as they like.
- Only commencing and current Griffith University students are eligible to enter the competition. Current staff and direct family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The Library Shelfie must be taken within a Griffith University Library.
- Entrants must be following @griffithlibrary on Instagram.
- Entrants must tag @griffithlibrary in their post and use the hashtags #libraryshelfie #griffithlibrary.
- Griffith University Library reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of the entries and entrants (including their identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the terms and conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Griffith University Library’s discretion.
- All entries will be displayed on the Griffith Library Blog during Week 5 (Monday 6 August – Friday 10 August) and put to a student vote. The entry with the most votes wins.
- The winner will be notified via email by COB Friday 17 August 2018.
- If the winner does not respond to the email within 48 hours, the entry with the second highest amount of votes wins.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash. If the prize is unavailable, Griffith University Library, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Proof of identification, including student number, will be requested from the winner to validate their entry.
- If this competition cannot be run due to any reason beyond Griffith University Library’s control, Griffith University Library reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the competition.
- Any costs associated with collecting the prize are the entrant’s responsibility.
- Winners names will be published on Griffith University Library Social Media. Griffith University Library will deal with each entrant’s personal information in accordance with the Griffith University Privacy Plan.
- The University will not be liable for any loss, expense, damage or injury sustained by any entrant in connection with this prize draw, the prize or redemption of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case, that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
In case you missed it, we held a #libraryshelfie competition during the month of July.
Some of you submitted entries on Insta, many of you voted for your faves on the Library Blog, and all of you are sure to love what’s coming next.
Since we had so many awesome entries this year, we decided an online gallery of #libraryshelfies was not enough. We decided to bring the online, offline, and have a gallery of entries IRL.
Come along to your nearest Griffith University campus library and view the #libraryshelfie gallery.
The gallery will be on display until Friday 1 September.
So we have a winner.
After a month of posting Library Shelfie’s on Insta, a week of fierce voting on the Library Blog and a few minutes (this morning) organising the winning draw, we have established who reigns supreme in the land of #libraryshelfie.
Congratulations @cassandra_wei! You’ve joined an elite group of students who have won our Library Shelfie competition over the years.
You’ve also scored yourself a hefty $300. We considered giving you $300 worth of Nutella (because everyone loves Nutella), but apparently, a prepaid Visa Card is the go.
The good news is you can spend it all on Nutella if you so choose. So @cassandra_wei, thanks for your awesomely amazing (or should that be amazingly awesome?) Library Shelfie.
We looooooved it, and your fellow students obviously felt the same way. You are the deserving grand prize winner of Library Shelfie 2017.
Also, a big thank you to the other Library Shelfie entrants, the final three, and of course, to all of you who voted. Because you all totally voted, right?
We are sure we’ll see you all next year when you enter Library Shelfie 2018. Bring it on!
So our annual Library Shelfie competition has closed for the year. But the fun isn’t quite over yet. We still have to pick the winner of the 300 bucks! Or rather you do.
We’ve done our part. We’ve collated all the amazing entries from Instagram and now it’s your turn. Simply, pick your favourite and vote! Check out the gallery of entries at the top of the page, and then scroll down to the bottom to vote (there’s a voting form!).
Voting opens today (as in right this minute) and closes on Friday 4 August at 5pm. That’s only five days of voting – so be sure to get your vote in promptly. Like, right now. C’mon, do it!
The three entries with the most votes will go into the draw to win the major prize. Cast your vote wisely as the winner will be $300 richer.
We’ll announce the major prize winner right here on the Library Blog on Monday 7 August. So be sure to check back in a week.
But in the meantime – vote! Get your classmates to vote. Hey, they don’t even have to be your mates. You don’t even have to know them (although that’s kinda awkies). Just tell the weird dude sitting next to you in your lecture to vote! Read the rest of this entry »