Show us your best Griffith Then & Now photo and you could win $100!Posted: January 18, 2019
Ever wondered what Griffith University looked like waaay back in the ‘70s? You know, when the students wore flares, the buildings weren’t air-conditioned (gasp!), there was no WiFi in sight and the University was just in its infancy?
Luckily, we have the Griffith Archive to show us all of Griffith’s history.
We’ve trawled through and found some remarkable photos that inspired us to compare – Griffith: Then and Now.
We’ve had a go creating Then and Now photos – now it’s your turn!
How to enter
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- 1. Follow @griffitharchive on Instagram.
- 2. Take / create your best ‘Then & Now’ photo – points for creativity!
- 3. Post it on Instagram with #GriffithThenAndNow and tag @griffitharchive and @griffithlibrary.
Need some inspiration? Head on over to our Griffith University ‘Then’ photos album on the Griffith Archive facebook page for some ‘then’ shots of Griffith University. We would love to see what you can ‘now’ do with these old ‘then’ photos!
Check out our full terms and conditions below.
- The Griffith Then & Now competition is run by the Griffith University Library.
- The prize is a $100 prepaid Visa Card.
- Entry into this competition is considered acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion commences at 9:00 am AEST Friday 18 January 2019 and closes at 5:00 pm AEST Monday 18 March 2019.
- Entry is free. Entrants can enter as many times as they like.
- Only commencing and current Griffith University students, Griffith University alumni and current Griffith University staff are eligible to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be following @griffithlibrary on Instagram.
- Entrants must tag @griffithlibrary and @griffitharchive in their post.
- Instagram account must be ‘public’ in order to be entered into competition.
- Griffith University Library reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of the entries and entrants (including their identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the terms and conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Griffith University Library’s discretion.
- All entries will be re-grammed on @griffithlibrary and @griffitharchive Instagram pages during Week 4, T1 2019. The entry with the most likes at the end of this period wins.
- The winner will be notified via email by COB Friday 29 March 2019.
- If the winner does not respond to the email within 48 hours, the entry with the second highest amount of votes wins.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash. If the prize is unavailable, Griffith University Library, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Proof of identification, including student, staff or alumni number, will be requested from the winner to validate their entry.
- If this competition cannot be run due to any reason beyond Griffith University Library’s control, Griffith University Library reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the competition.
- Any costs associated with collecting the prize are the entrant’s responsibility.
- Winners names will be published on Griffith University Library Social Media. Griffith University Library will deal with each entrant’s personal information in accordance with the Griffith University Privacy Plan.
- The University will not be liable for any loss, expense, damage or injury sustained by any entrant in connection with this prize draw, the prize or redemption of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case, that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).