You can borrow books from other uni libraries for free – Bonus!Posted: April 16, 2018
Did you know you can borrow books from other university libraries for free? You don’t have to join their library, and you certainly don’t have to pay a membership fee.
How is this possible you ask? Well, Griffith University is part of the BONUS+ initiative, formed by multiple universities around Australia and New Zealand. Other participating university libraries include Victoria University, the University of Sydney, Australian National University and many more!
If the book you need is not held at any of our Griffith University Libraries or is out on loan, you can request it online from another BONUS+ library, and they’ll pick it off their shelves and mail it over to your selected Griffith library ready for you to collect!
So how do you request an item? It’s simple!
- Search the library catalogue.
- Click the Menu icon (it’s three horizontal lines at the top right).
- Select Can’t find that book? BONUS+ (look for the little green button!).
- Search for the book you want in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- Select Request this item if the book is available at a BONUS+ library.
- Select the campus you’d like to collect the book from under Pickup location.
- Click Submit.