Get free tutoring and feedback on draftsPosted: March 14, 2018
Did you know that you can get free personalised tutoring and feedback on drafts, 24/7, with expert online tutors?
We know, sounds too good to be true, right? But it’s not! It’s Smarthinking.
Smarthinking is a free online tutoring service, available to all Griffith students via Learning@Griffith. You can submit your writing for detailed review, request an appointment or submit questions offline, at any time of the day or night, and a tutor will respond within 24 hours.
The tutors can review your assessment pieces, and provide you with comments and suggestions for your writing including:
- paragraph, standard essay or long essay review
- grammar and documentation review.
Please note that they’re not gonna edit, proofread and fix your work though. That’s up to you! And an essential uni skill.
You can also request tutoring on demand, or schedule a time with a tutor, for subject specific help.
To access Smarthinking:
- Login to Learning@Griffith using your student username and password.
- Click on the Organisations tab at the top right of the screen.
- In the Organisation Search box on the left, type ‘Smarthinking’ and click Go.
- Hover your mouse cursor over this Organisation ID ‘SMARTHINKING’, until you see a small arrow appear.
- Click the small arrow and click on the word Enrol in the drop down box.
- Check that the details onscreen reflect those of the Organisation you want to enrol in.
- Click the Submit button.
- Click on the Smarthinking Login link.
*note: Pop ups will need to be enabled in your browser and you will need the latest version of Flash Player installed.
In addition to the Smarthinking service, the library also has a range of online self-help resources available, such as: