It’s National Science Week!Posted: August 14, 2017
What’s this week?
Well, apart from being week 7 of the trimester, week 5 of the current Game of Thrones season, and week 4 of The Bachelor…
It’s National Science Week! An annual celebration of science and technology, spanning 12 August to 20 August.
Are you studying a science degree? Now’s your time to totally rep your discipline and show your friends and fam how interesting science can be! Or if you’re not studying a science degree, it’s a perfect opportunity to learn a bit!
To celebrate National Science Week, events are being held throughout Queensland.
We’ve listed some below, though you can find a full list of events and further information about National Science Week at the Science Week website.
- What: Engage in static and hands-on science activities on soil testing. You can examine abiotic factors, soil drainage, soil pH, nutrient levels, soil texture, biotic factors, soil community, and composition: ants /worms /microbes.
- When: Friday, 11 August 2017 till Sunday, 20 August 2017, 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Where: The Ekka! Agricultural Hall RNA Showgrounds, 600 Gregory Terrace, Brisbane
- What: a special collection of microscopy images and biomedical illustrations from QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute that invite you to see the most hidden parts of the body under the microscope.
- When: Saturday, 29 July 2017 till Sunday, 3 September 2017, 9:30am to 5:00pm
- Where: Queensland Museum, Grey St, South Brisbane
Griffith is also hosting a suite of events to celebrate the week – check them out here.