Google Apps are the appsolute bestPosted: July 4, 2017
Google is basically Dumbledore. Like Dumbledore reigned Hogwarts (before he got thrown off a building, anyway), Google reigns the realm of internet-related services and products.
Not only does Google provide a search engine any millennial couldn’t live without (how would we win arguments without it?), did you know they have a whole suite of online apps?
As a Griffith student, you are automatically given a Google Apps account, which gives you access to:
- Gmail: Kinda a necessity. Your Gmail also has unlimited storage, too.
- Google Calendar: You can schedule meetings, get reminders and notifications, share calendars, create tasks lists, and basically manage your entire life (well, almost).
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides: Create, share and collaborate on documents real time from desktops. Super handy for group assignments, or when you need someone to proofread your work. Plus, they’re all compatible with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Google Drive: Never fret about a lost USB again. Store files in the cloud so they can be accessed from anywhere.
- Google Hangouts: Chat to your friends via voice, video or instant messaging.
To get to Google Apps, from your student email simply click on the Google Apps button (the 9 cubes at the top right of the screen).
We suggest you take a look and utilise these wonderful apps – you don’t want to be left behind like Ask Jeeves or Crabbe and Goyle (yeah, you might have to Google those).
Find more information on Google Apps here.