Storing your files, made easyPosted: May 23, 2017
Did you know that your student email is Gmail based?
And with that comes a whole suite of associated apps, you’ve just gotta click the Google Apps icon at the top right to get to them (hint, it looks like nine small cubes). To get to Google Drive, you just click on the Google Drive option!
So, what is Google Drive? It’s basically a free online file storage system.
Google Drive allows you to easily store your photos, documents, slides, drawings, sheets, videos – anything. Your files in Drive can be reached from any mobile device or computer. So wherever you go, your files go. You can quickly invite others to view, download and collaborate.
- Unlimited free storage – no more running out of space.
- Access everywhere – you can access your files anywhere either via the web or offline by installing Google Drive onto your computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Automatic syncing – if you change a file on the web, on your computer or on your mobile device it will automatically update on every device you have installed Google Drive.
- Secure backup –with Google Drive you will always have your files safely stored in the cloud should anything happen to your computing device. #lifesaver
- Easy and secure collaboration – you can share files with colleagues and edit them together on any device. So super handy for group assignments! You can also manage exactly who you share your files with and what level of access they will have (view only, or edit).
How convenient, right? I bet you’re kicking yourself as to why you haven’t been using Google Drive already!
No more tears over lost USBs full of all your important assessment! Though, do remember to backup your work and not store it all in the one location.