Meet your library staff: Rhiannon ReidPosted: May 18, 2017
Our library staff are integral to the functioning of our libraries. We have a large array of staff spread over our six libraries and they’re much more than just smiling faces. They’re also full of interesting information, helpful wisdom, and some quirks here and there.
Want to get to know our staff better? Check out our profile on Library and Learning Services Team Member, Rhiannon Reid.
- Find me at: Library front desk QCGU, or “behind the scenes” throwing together folders for Music Issue.
- What I do: Mostly printing/lending queries but I have on occasion played therapist, disciplinarian, and, awkwardly, alarm clock, waking up kids who fall asleep on beanbags.
- My Griffith story: I started at Griffith in 2014 and have been lucky enough to stick around ever since. During that time I’ve worked across several campuses, and on several challenging projects. As my first out of uni job, it has taught me a lot and been very eye-opening.
Steal Rhiannon’s wisdom
- Best study tip for students: Find someone you trust to proofread. Typos hapen to godd people way too often…
- Biggest blunder I see – and how to avoid: Typos. See above. .
- Advice I’d give my 18-year-old self: Put down the eyeliner, you are NOT as cool as you think you are. Also, be nicer to your mother. And don’t get so stressed about having no idea what you want to do with your life. Hot tip, in 10 years you’ll still be unsure. But at least you won’t have so much eyeliner on and you’re being nicer to your mother.
- Best thing I’ve learnt working at Griffith Uni: It is possible to enjoy the work environment you spend hours in. Several of my colleagues have been some of the kindest and most generous to me during some of the hardest times of my life.
Get to know Rhiannon
- Describe yourself in three words: Creative, avid reader
- Growing up I wanted to be: An actor (those Year 3 drama lessons pay off on the front desk A LOT) and/or a writer. But mostly Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Greatest accomplishment: TBA
- Fun fact: I wrote this whole thing with an Ed Sheeran song stuck in my head. I wonder if it shows…