Do you know about your free Google Apps account?Posted: August 10, 2016
No? Well, you do now! Google offers students a range of apps that make organising your timetable, group assignments, emails, contacts, appointments and documents super easy.
Google Apps include:
- Gmail is your fabulous Griffith email account with crazy storage capabilities. All students receive a Gmail account while studying and after graduation. You can also access Gmail on your mobile device.
- Google Drive allows you to easily store your photos, documents, slides, drawings, sheets, videos – anything. Your files in Drive can be reached from any mobile device or computer. So wherever you go, your files go. You can quickly invite others to view, download and collaborate. And did we mention, it has unlimited storage?
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are productivity apps that let you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store them in your Google Drive online.
- Google Calendar is used to manage your time and to keep track of all your events. Any events you create or edit will sync automatically across all your devices where you’re signed in.
- Google Chat is used to send and receive instant messages with other people in Griffith University or external students who also have a Gmail account.
- Google Sites are an easy way to make information accessible to others online. They allow you to display a variety of information in one place – including videos, slideshows, presentations, attachments, and test and share it for viewing or editing with others.
- Google+ is a social networking platform that lets users share information and collaborate with others, both internal and external to Griffith University.
You’ll also be ‘Appy to hear that as a Griffith student you automatically receive a Google account that lasts a lifetime.
Hungry for more information? Head over to the Google Apps support page.