Me, my selfie and IPosted: July 19, 2016
Azaria Bell, Griffith University business student
Have you ever wondered how to save $10,000 in one year? How to take awesome notes in your university lectures? Or how much skipping class actually costs you?
Well, Azaria Bell has done the math and shares her tips and tricks via her ever-growing YouTube channel. Azaria uploaded her first video in January this year and has amassed close to 900 subscribers. Go Azaria!
We asked the personal finance, lifestyle and study YouTuber to take a selfie, and reveal all…
1. Why did you start a YouTube channel?
I started my Youtube channel because I love sharing ideas on personal finance, maximising study time and generally being a productive person!
2. Which 3 videos are you most proud of?
The three videos I’m most proud of would have to be 3 Easy Ways to Save Money, How to Write An Awesome Resume and Skipping Class: How Much Does It Cost You?. I received some really great feedback from these videos, and I feel they were the most helpful!
3. Can you give us the inside scoop on your next video?
I have a list of over 50 videos just waiting to be made… Who knows what I’ll pick next?
4. What would feature on a bloopers reel?
Constant interruption from my neighbour’s birds! I film in my garage, and my neighbours have cockatoos that talk and scream at the most inconvenient times.
5. What’s the hardest part of making a video?
Actually finding the time to film one! I’m never short on ideas, but always short on time.
6. What’s the best thing you’ve learnt at university?
I’ve learnt how to be persistent, organised, and self-motivated during my time at university. No one is around to baby you, you have to be constantly driven and engaged!
7. What did 10-year old Azaria want to be when she grew up?
I wanted to be a singer/guitarist! More specifically, Avril Lavigne. She was my idol!
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I will have graduated, and hopefully, have seen a lot more of the world. I want to be enjoying my work, and getting close to opening my own business!
9. What sparked your interest in business/finance?
I read a book called Making Money Made Simple by Noel Whittaker. It is a great book, I highly recommend it!
10. What’s been your favourite subject so far?
My favourite subject so far would definitely have to be Money, Banking & Finance! It’s such an interesting topic, and I could relate it back to my job at a bank.
11. Where’s the best place on campus to study?
The quiet floor in the library – hands down. I need silence… The quiet floor is the only place I can get anything done!
12. Can you give us your 3 best study tips?
1. Turn off your phone
2. Make yourself a schedule of what to study & when
3. Just get started! Procrastination is a killer…
13. What wise advice do you have for new students?
Cliché advice, but don’t leave anything until the last minute. Try to study and work on assignments a little bit every day. Also, make sure you have good notes, and revise weekly!
14. What’s one thing new students ‘must do’ during O’Week?
Take a tour of the campus to save embarrassment in the future. Also, grab some of those awesome O-Week bags, and attend as many info sessions as you can!
15. What’s the most awesome resource you’ve discovered in your library?
By far the huge online catalogue. It saved me hours of searching for references!