Who do you want to win $100?Posted: June 20, 2016
Over 300 entries were submitted to our Name the Space competition last month.
For a chance to win $100, we asked you to submit a name for the new student space at the Gold Coast campus library and you sure didn’t disappoint us. The entries were creative, inspired, funny and well, interesting.
Special mention goes to these creative entries, which made us laugh, scratch our head in confusion, or simply sit quietly in appreciation of pure genius:
- Gween Woom
- Lettuce Study Room
- The Area Formerly Known as Quiet Study Zone
- The Chicken Schnitzel Supreme
- The Lillypad
- The Zucchini Study Zone
Honestly, how funny would it be to call the new student space the ‘Gween Woom’? Wouldn’t you just love to go to the Library Desk to ask ‘are there any computers on level 3?’, just to hear library staff reply ‘yes, there are computers in the Gween Woom’. Ha ha ha!
But you understand that we have to give the space a serious name, right? As much as we love all the amusing and confusing names, they had to make way for those that are becoming a university.
And there were many creative, original, yet fitting names. There were so many that the head library honchos couldn’t pick a winner. They narrowed it down to three marvellous monikers and got stuck.
So we need your help. We need you to cast the deciding vote. Comment with your favourite entry below, and the one with the most votes WINS! Remember, your library space will have this name for all eternity, so vote wisely.
Here’s the official shortlist (i.e. pick from these names, not the special mentions #justsaying)
- The Green Room
- Bamboo Lounge
- Green on 3
Who’s going to win the money and the glory? Vote now! Entries close 5pm, Friday 24 June 2016.
Terms and conditions
- Voting is limited to one vote per student.
- Any votes in addition to this will be ineligible and disqualified.
- Votes can only be submitted via a comment below, via the Griffith Library Facebook page or Instagram.
- The student who suggested the winning name in last month’s competition will win the $100 Visa gift card.
- Voting is only open to current Griffith University students.