Drop-in for help with legal research and referencingPosted: May 4, 2016
As one of our learned legal-beagle students, you’ll be pleased with the lineup of law drop-in sessions at the Nathan and Gold Coast campus this month (and yes, legal-beagle is an actual phrase).
With six sessions available, you can consult with a bonafide legal research specialist and get assistance with legal research (duh!) and legal referencing. The sessions are open to undergraduate and postgraduate law students.
You may benefit from a law drop-in session if you:
- are commencing legal research
- want to be sure you have accessed all relevant legal information
- need help locating and retrieving the legal information you’ve identified
- need some tips on refining your search strategies for the legal databases
Now, if your tutor or lecturer has asked you to locate specific legislation or case law as part of an assignment, you may be sent on your merry way. They can’t do the work for you! Our Law Librarians have taken the Librarian Oath to never, ever, ever, under any circumstances, do an assignment for a student (not really, but you do understand how dodgy it would be for them to help with this right?).
But for guidance with search terms, advice on online tools and databases and help deciphering the AGLC, these law drop-in sessions have your back.
Drop-in to any of these sessions:
- Nathan: Wednesday 4th May (1.49) 1.00- 2.00pm
- Gold Coast: Thursday 5th May (2.09) 11.00am- 2pm
- Gold Coast: Wednesday 11th May (2.04) 12.00-1.00pm
- Nathan: Thursday 12th May (1.50) 11.00am-12.00pm
- Gold Coast: Wednesday 18th May (2.04) 12.00-1.30pm
- Nathan: Thursday 19th May (1.49) 11.30am-12.30pm
Can’t make to any of the sessions? (seriously, not even one?) We have online resources to help you, help yourself. Check out the comprehensive Law Library Guide – it’s a one-stop-shop for all the legal research resources you could ever need.