Men’s Health Week – find out morePosted: June 11, 2015
It’s Men’s Health Week June 15-21 – a chance to highlight the importance of men actively engaging with their own health and well-being. Research and statistics show that men have a higher risk of heart disease, accidental death and suicide compared to women and that raising awareness of these issues and the preventative measures available can have a real impact on health outcomes.
Understanding the ways that different groups of people experience health and well-being is important for all future health practitioners, and Men’s Health Week is a great opportunity to broaden your understanding in this area. The library has access to a wide range our resources to expand and deepen your knowledge. Try out some of these resources to get you started:
- Men’s Health Australia
- The health of Australia’s males : from birth to young adulthood (0-24 years) / Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
- Concepts in male health : perspectives across the lifespan / James E. Leone
- Men’s Health in Australia / William Lynch
- Food, nutrition and health / edited by Linda Tapsell.
- Holding men : kanyirninpa and the health of Aboriginal men / Brian F McCoy.