Orientation Week in the LibraryPosted: February 24, 2014
Buckle up students! We hope you’re ready for an exciting O-Week in the libraries.
Here’s how you can get involved this week:
- Library and IT Guide: The handy Library and IT Guide will be your best friend in semester one. It includes information about the library, laptops and wireless access, the Griffith app, student discounts on software and computers, lecture capture, Learning@Griffith, a campus map, IT security, student Google Apps, copying and printing, workshops and training opportunities and more. Pick up one from your campus library now.
- Library Tours: During O-Week you can take a library tour in any of our campus libraries. Tours will go for approximately 15 minutes. Please wait at the Library Tour Meeting Point in the foyer of your Library. No bookings required. Library tour times.
- Market Day: Library and IT staff will be hosting a table at each of the campus market days. Pop over to say hi and learn about the library and our IT systems (and shoot some hoops on our basketball ring!).
- Workshops and Training: The library conducts FREE workshops for students throughout the year, focusing on academic, computing and library skills. Check out the semester one timetable to find out what’s on and when.
- WIN an iPad: Are you on twitter or instagram? Then follow us @griffithlibrary for your chance to win an iPad, Xbox 360 Kinect or a $50 copy/print credit. Winner announced 10 March.
- Are you a first year student? Then watch this must-see video packed full of friendly advice on how to use your time well, manage your stress and adopt study strategies that actually work.