Nathan library construction, October 4 – October 8Posted: October 1, 2010
Welcome back from your break! You’ll see lots of changes in your library, please find a staff member to direct you if you’re lost at first.
What’s happened during student vacation period:
- The pedestrian bridge from central theatres to the library has been demolished. Work will now continue on the N76 commercial building being constructed opposite the library entrance.
- The copy and print room is now behind hoarding being refurbished. Some copiers, printers, PCs and the binding machines are still available on the safe side of the hoarding, others have been relocated to the area outside the research zone (including the colour printer) and to the new level 2 and level 3 collection spaces.
- The periodicals (magazines) collection has been relocated to the new level 3 collection space.
- Lots of quiet study carrels have been removed from level 2 to make room for collection shelving. Follow the signs to new level 2 and level 3 quiet study spaces.
- The collaboration zone has changed shape – we’ve kept the same number of tables and chairs for now – spread out if you need to!
Come and join us for Demo a Doughnut on Wednesday morning to eat a freebie and ask any questions you have. See you soon!